nquale (8)

BluFyre (7)

Moo (1)

Paltalk Room

Clock
Radio---Click Square To Open In New Window
radio app
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of Webtroopers Forum on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

A New CEO of MicroSoft and Other Exciting News

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A New CEO of MicroSoft and Other Exciting News

Post by Wyz on Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:49 pm

Microsoft has announced a new CEO , Satya Nadella  , an insider ;   has worked  for Microsoft from the ground up for 22 years, and Bill Gates has stepped down from Chairman of the Board to be a consultant at Microsoft.  

Flappy Bird was pulled from the Apple App store and Google Play by the Creator of the Game , Dong Nguyen a young Vietnamese  games designer, because  people were becoming "addicted" to the game is one of  his reasons.

Sony is getting out of the PC Market . . selling their Vaio  line to a Japanese Investment house, they'll focus on Mobile.

Amazon purchased Killer Instinct maker Double Helix Games; as far as I know this is their second  purchase of a PC Game Maker.  Reflexive Entertainment was the first, and  ( Big Kahuna Reef, Ricochet Infinity etc) they've appeared not to done much with them.

What are your thoughts on the new CEO and other news?

Wyz
Head Trooper
Head Trooper

Back to top Go down

Re: A New CEO of MicroSoft and Other Exciting News

Post by Mojo on Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:13 am

Nadella is an interesting choice but probably not on many people's radar in the US. However, that said, he does represent a definite shift in Microsoft's Asian and Indian markets where growth is still strong. And unlike Ballmer, he's not likely to shoot off his mouth much.

I had heard about Sony getting out of the laptop market but didn't think it included desktops too. Shocked a little by that but they really want to focus on the ps4, the experia phone line and their upcoming possible deal with Apple to produce sensors for the iphone 6. Trust me Sony will be just fine...lol

Flappy bird meh didn't get caught in the angry bird fiasco so the other means even less...lol

Amazon knows when to leave a property alone when it's doing well so as long as money is made they should be fine riding the wave.
Mojo
Head Trooper
Head Trooper

http://webtroopers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyz on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:07 pm

What did Bill Gates, Ballmer ,and Nadella use  for cell phones before creating Windows Phones?  I'm a little perplexed  because Melissa told their children they couldn't have an iPhone ( makes sense to me) , but what did they use?

India has their own version of Silicon Valley , and apparently are quite strong in the Air Space , too.  Not their airplanes , they buy on the cheap ( read falling apart)  but their Satellite systems.

They must be doubly happy that Nadella was made CEO of MS, eh?

That wall of monitors behind Gates, I wonder how warm it gets when the A/C is not working properly?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wyz
Head Trooper
Head Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum