Webtroopers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Belated Happy New Year!
Kindle Fire(s) Updated EmptySun Jun 02, 2019 1:57 pm by Wyz

» Happy Thanksgiving . . .
Kindle Fire(s) Updated EmptySat Nov 24, 2018 12:02 am by Wyz

» Newest Kindle Fire Tablets Are Android-Based .. . . . .
Kindle Fire(s) Updated EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 6:40 pm by Wyz

» I'm Looking To Buy A New PC
Kindle Fire(s) Updated EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 1:25 am by Wyz

» Resonant Chamber
Kindle Fire(s) Updated EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 6:51 pm by Wyz

» Another Year and We're Still Here
Kindle Fire(s) Updated EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 3:27 am by Wyz

» Amazon Tap
Kindle Fire(s) Updated EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 4:29 pm by Wyz

» URL Typos Can Put Your PC or Mac At Risk For Malware
Kindle Fire(s) Updated EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 1:20 am by Wyz

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posters
Mojo (105)
Kindle Fire(s) Updated I_vote_lcapKindle Fire(s) Updated I_voting_barKindle Fire(s) Updated I_vote_rcap 
Wyz (81)
Kindle Fire(s) Updated I_vote_lcapKindle Fire(s) Updated I_voting_barKindle Fire(s) Updated I_vote_rcap 
nquale (8)
BluFyre (7)
Moo (1)

Paltalk Room

Clock
Radio---Click Square To Open In New Window
radio app
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Webtroopers Forum on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Kindle Fire(s) Updated

2 posters

Go down

Kindle Fire(s) Updated Empty Kindle Fire(s) Updated

Post by Wyz Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:13 am

All except the 1st gen had an update this month; my KF HD (2013) is experiencing grey outs on the Carousel.  Apps as well as eBooks are showing up as blanks, and rebooting the device(s) doesn't clear up the matter.

I checked the Discussion forums and, appears at this time , nobody else is having the problem.  I'm debating whether to ask May Day how to go about fixing the problem without doing a factory reset.  I've already gone through that route for an earlier glitch and lost some of my bookmarks for the trouble.

Wyz
Wyz
Head Trooper
Head Trooper

Back to top Go down

Kindle Fire(s) Updated Empty Re: Kindle Fire(s) Updated

Post by BluFyre Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:39 pm

I haven't figured out how to take the downloaded movies off of my Kindle Fire HD. They sit in storage on the SD Card but it's taking up space that I could use for other downloads. I only have 11.5GBs on the card with an available 4 GBs Left!

Blu
BluFyre
BluFyre
Trooper In Training
Trooper In Training

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyz Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:52 am

Go into settings 1) click device 2) click storage 3) wait until it finishes refreshing 4) click on videos . . . and you'll see at the bottom the "remove" button .

You might want to check your photos too they take up a huge amt of room especially if you're the artistic type and save every little bit you do?!
Wyz
Wyz
Head Trooper
Head Trooper

Back to top Go down

Kindle Fire(s) Updated Empty New Kindle(s)

Post by BluFyre Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:56 am

I was checking out the new 6" Kindle Fire and I might get it , even though I really want an Android tablet that has a Micro SD slot .  Nexus nor Kindle Fires has one which is a complete bummer.

The reviews of the 6" are all over the place , but that is to be expected.  They still have to get the kinks out; but the good news is they're going to update the 2013 editions to the current OS which is grreat!

Fire OS 4 will update the 2013 editions in the coming weeks, and supposedly they'll create a new visual design , too.  Increase the battery life with something called SmartSuspend that'll turn off the WiFi on the device when it's not in use, thereby saving battery power.  I can get pretty bad about turning off the WiFi and wonder later how it drained to red so quickly.  I seem to do it especially after I've been streaming a Video.

There are other features too , for instance . . . New Weather and Calculator apps.  It's kind of funny really since I have 3 Weather apps already and 4 Calculator apps for my Kindle Fire devices.

Are you gonna get one?  Or stick with Chromebook?
BluFyre
BluFyre
Trooper In Training
Trooper In Training

Back to top Go down

Kindle Fire(s) Updated Empty 4.5.1 Update Last Night

Post by Wyz Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:10 am

Yes, Kindle Fire tablets now called Fire Tablets [ ppl seem to be confused between the Kindle Fire and Kindle e-Reader tablets ( former has more horsepower and gadgetry and later is just that for reading )], had another update that  adds a lot of new , and exciting features.

One thing it adds that definitely needs improvement is their Prime Radio Stations.  It's set up like Songza, I have their app, however unlike Songza it only plays one song from each station repeatedly.  Until you get tired of it and find another station.  Laughing

Emoticons are now available to be used in emails and forums that accept them.  phpBB doesn't accept them, I got a SQL Error message earlier today when I tried it elsewhere.  Or perhaps, it was just in that particular forum that I couldn't use it.  

I'll post more about the goodies as I see if they're an improvement.  I do know that FireFly is only available for Fire Phone and HDX 8.9 Tablet that uses the rear camera just like a smartphone for pkg readings, etc.  

All of this is available for Prime users that paid their $99.00 Prime Fee. Wink
Wyz
Wyz
Head Trooper
Head Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down