Webtroopers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Belated Happy New Year!
RIP Web-Nuts.Com EmptySun Jun 02, 2019 1:57 pm by Wyz

» Happy Thanksgiving . . .
RIP Web-Nuts.Com EmptySat Nov 24, 2018 12:02 am by Wyz

» Newest Kindle Fire Tablets Are Android-Based .. . . . .
RIP Web-Nuts.Com EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 6:40 pm by Wyz

» I'm Looking To Buy A New PC
RIP Web-Nuts.Com EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 1:25 am by Wyz

» Resonant Chamber
RIP Web-Nuts.Com EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 6:51 pm by Wyz

» Another Year and We're Still Here
RIP Web-Nuts.Com EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 3:27 am by Wyz

» Amazon Tap
RIP Web-Nuts.Com EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 4:29 pm by Wyz

» URL Typos Can Put Your PC or Mac At Risk For Malware
RIP Web-Nuts.Com EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 1:20 am by Wyz

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posters
Mojo (105)
RIP Web-Nuts.Com I_vote_lcapRIP Web-Nuts.Com I_voting_barRIP Web-Nuts.Com I_vote_rcap 
Wyz (81)
RIP Web-Nuts.Com I_vote_lcapRIP Web-Nuts.Com I_voting_barRIP Web-Nuts.Com I_vote_rcap 
nquale (8)
BluFyre (7)
Moo (1)

Paltalk Room

Clock
Radio---Click Square To Open In New Window
radio app
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Webtroopers Forum on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

RIP Web-Nuts.Com

Go down

RIP Web-Nuts.Com Empty RIP Web-Nuts.Com

Post by Mojo Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:11 pm

Today is a sad day for me as after ten years, web-nuts.com is no more.  The site was originally established as a place for WebTV users to get together in a format where people could post about WebTV, pcs, sports, humor, and just about anything else without having to remain within the confines of WebTV's TOS. 

We made a lot of friends there and we mourned a lot of friends there.  We taught each other about the web and learned a few new tricks.  When we moved on from WebTV, we talked about other things related to PCs and later tablets and so forth. The point is we grew as the times changed.

Some will say web-nuts died when the political sections were added.  There is a case to be made for that but I'm not going to go there.  It was the owner's call and I respected that then and now.

A lot of people are mad about web-nuts shutting down.  I can only offer this.  When you start a website or forum, initially it's your baby.  You nurture it and protect it and foster growth and development.  At some time though, you move on.  I believe this is what happened here.  New roads and avenues opened up for both the members and the owner and those were explored at the detriment of web-nuts.  As far as the timing, I'm sure the shuttering of the WebTV service played into that also.

Bottom line is web-nuts played a vital role in fostering a community that has been together a long, long time.  10 years in internet time is amazing and the fact that it is over should not detract from that.

To all the web-nuts, I raise my glass in cheers and hope you find a venue to migrate to.
Mojo
Mojo
Head Trooper
Head Trooper

https://webtroopers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum