Webtroopers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Belated Happy New Year!
Best Anti-Spyware  Scanners & Removers EmptySun Jun 02, 2019 1:57 pm by Wyz

» Happy Thanksgiving . . .
Best Anti-Spyware  Scanners & Removers EmptySat Nov 24, 2018 12:02 am by Wyz

» Newest Kindle Fire Tablets Are Android-Based .. . . . .
Best Anti-Spyware  Scanners & Removers EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 6:40 pm by Wyz

» I'm Looking To Buy A New PC
Best Anti-Spyware  Scanners & Removers EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 1:25 am by Wyz

» Resonant Chamber
Best Anti-Spyware  Scanners & Removers EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 6:51 pm by Wyz

» Another Year and We're Still Here
Best Anti-Spyware  Scanners & Removers EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 3:27 am by Wyz

» Amazon Tap
Best Anti-Spyware  Scanners & Removers EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 4:29 pm by Wyz

» URL Typos Can Put Your PC or Mac At Risk For Malware
Best Anti-Spyware  Scanners & Removers EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 1:20 am by Wyz

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posters
Mojo (105)
Best Anti-Spyware  Scanners & Removers I_vote_lcapBest Anti-Spyware  Scanners & Removers I_voting_barBest Anti-Spyware  Scanners & Removers I_vote_rcap 
Wyz (81)
Best Anti-Spyware  Scanners & Removers I_vote_lcapBest Anti-Spyware  Scanners & Removers I_voting_barBest Anti-Spyware  Scanners & Removers I_vote_rcap 
nquale (8)
BluFyre (7)
Moo (1)

Paltalk Room

Clock
Radio---Click Square To Open In New Window
radio app
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Webtroopers Forum on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Best Anti-Spyware Scanners & Removers

3 posters

Go down

Best Anti-Spyware  Scanners & Removers Empty Best Anti-Spyware Scanners & Removers

Post by Mojo Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:06 pm

While viruses remain still the biggest threat to internet security, spyware is a close second.  Essentially spyware is software that aids in gathering information about a person or organization without their knowledge and that may send such information to another entity without the consumer's consent, or that asserts control over a computer without the consumer's knowledge.

Spyware can collect almost any type of data, including personal information like Internet surfing habits, user logins, and bank or credit account information.

Spyware can also interfere with user control of a computer by installing additional software or redirecting Web Browsers. 

Thankfully there are ways to combat it.

My overall #1 pick for Spyware removal, hands down:

MALWAREBYTES  ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This one is a no-brainer.  For several years now Malwarebytes has been protecting systems with the top of the line malware scanner and remover.  It picks up stuff your anti-virus misses and allows you to safely remove it.

They have a paid and free version built around the same scanning technique but the plus offers better real time blocking before you are infected whereas the free version is suited to cleaning it up after you are infected.

Perhaps it's best feature is that you can burn a rescue disk with Malwarebytes to recover systems that are infected to a degree that the anti-virus and spyware scanners are turned off by the intrusion.

Another decent anti-spyware product :

ADAWARE ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])

Once the king of anti-spyware, Adaware has taken a back seat to Malwarebytes in recent years. Still a great product. 

They also have similar free and paid versions.

My advice is to download both products and scan at least once a week taking time to update the definitions before scanning. 

The beauty of anti-spyware as opposed to anti-virus software is you can install more than one anti-spyware product and it shouldn't affect the other one.

If anyone has anything to add, please feel free to let us know..
Mojo
Mojo
Head Trooper
Head Trooper

https://webtroopers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Best Anti-Spyware  Scanners & Removers Empty Re: Best Anti-Spyware Scanners & Removers

Post by nquale Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:26 pm

I put malwarebytes on a friend's pc and told her to use it, especially if her pc was having any problems. Well her pc slowed down to a crawl and instead of scanning with malwarebytes she took her laptop into a repair guy and paid $150 to have it cleaned out. After she got it home I took a look and found that 15 minutes before he called her to pick it up that the malwarebytes log showed that it had found a virus during the scan and he had removed it.

Now if she had just done the scan herself she could of saved $150.

nquale
Trooper In Training
Trooper In Training

Back to top Go down

Best Anti-Spyware  Scanners & Removers Empty Re: Best Anti-Spyware Scanners & Removers

Post by Wyz Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:14 pm

Will MalwareBytes remove SnapDo and FindWide browser hijackers?

Will it work on Win8? 

I have a really good reason to ask this. . and I can't believe  FF Extensions/Add-Ons put it on someone's PC?!  However , I do understand freebies have hijackers, so it  might be possible, eh? silent 
Wyz
Wyz
Head Trooper
Head Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by nquale Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:04 pm

Malwarebytes does work on W8 and as far as SnapDo is concern I googled it and found where the malwarebytes forum states to download and run Junkware Removal Tool first and then download and run AdwCleaner and after that to run malwarebytes so it looks like malwarebytes is unable to remove SnapDo by it self.

nquale
Trooper In Training
Trooper In Training

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyz Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:58 am

Thanks for further info for wiping out SnapDo ; I'll pass it on. 

Welcome to Webtroopers.  Smile 
Wyz
Wyz
Head Trooper
Head Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down